Building Deformation Monitoring, Building Façade Monitoring, cracking, subsidence, monitoring.
BUILDING DEFORMATION MONITORING
The DMS as extensive experience in measuring and monitoring buildings for deformation. Be it the construction of a new building or the monitoring of an historic façade, our extensive range of precision measuring tools allows us to measure 3D deformation on buildings of almost any size.
Project Example - Deformation Monitoring of the Flinders Street Façade.
- Goal: To measure the deformation occurring in the Flinders Street façade over a 1 year period.
- Measured Points: 36
- Frequency: 1 manual survey per month
- Accuracy Requirement: To detect 3D deformation greater than 0.3mm
- Tools: Leica TS30 Total Station, custom targeting & SpatialAnalyzer Software
- Measurement Procedure: Multi-station measurement and bundle adjustment of measurements
- 3D Measurement Accuracy Achieved: 0.2mm
- Additional Constraints: Targeting must attach to the façade without drilling into the structure and be durable enough to last years in the elements.
- Constraint Solution: A custom target was developed by the DMS using advanced adhesives that could be removed without damaging the façade. The targets were also sealed to stop water ingress and small enough to not be noticed by pedestrians.
Flinders Street Façade Deformation Survey