Rail & Rolling Stock
The Dimensional Metrology Services has extensive experience in the measurement, inspection, alignment and calibration of rail and rolling stock. Our experience covers everything from trams to large diesel electric locomotives. Using 3D Laser Trackers, Photogrammetry & Industrial Total Stations we are able to measure almost any rail component, from individual parts to entire locomotives as well as assembly fixtures, tooling and gauges of any size. Our service also includes measuring components after accidents to determine the amount of damage. Our clients include Atlas Rail, Downder Rail, Yarra Trams and UGL.
All measurements are performed at your facility so there is no need to ship parts, saving both time and money and we provide detailed measurement and inspection reports with full measurement tractability.
Typical measurement and inspection tasks include:
- Alignment of engine components.
- Measurement and alignment of assembly fixtures, jigs, tooling & gauges.
- Measurement, inspection and alignment of parts of almost any size including entire trains.
- Bogie, truck, and wheel set measurement.
- Axle box measurements.
- Post accident measurement & analysis.
- Reverse engineering of older components.
- Calibration of wheel sets.