Construction Site Deformation Monitoring
The DMS can measure and monitoring construction sites for deformation and displacement. Be it the construction of a new site or the monitoring of an existing site, our extensive range of precision measuring tools allows us to measure 3D deformation on bridges of almost any size.
Site deformation can be the result of:
- Soil Movement
- Introduction of new structures.
- Excavation of material
- De-propping an object.
- Construction Vehicle Traffic (Trucks, Loaders, Graders, Compactors etc...)
- Changing environmental conditions including temperature and rain.
The DMS is capable of performing periodic manual measurements of fixed targeting or setting up fully automated bridge monitoring solution.
PROJECT EXAMPLE - De-Propping FEDERATION Square Atrium
- Goal: To measure the deformation occurring in the Federation Square Atrium as it was being de-propped.
- Measured Points: 80
- Frequency: 5 Surveys in one day
- Accuracy Requirement: To detect 3D deformation greater than 0.5mm
- Tools: V-STARS Industrial Photogrammetry System
- Measurement Procedure: Multi-epoch measurement at various stages of the de-propping to ensure the actual deformation was in-line with the predicted deformation
- 3D Measurement Accuracy Achieved: 0.1mm